Monday, November 2, 2020

OVERDRIVE- PEDAL PAWN Texan Twang ... an SRV ? ...damn ...I think they nailed it!!!

 PEDAL PAWN TEXAN TWANG 
$255.00 USD

A new Brit maker with OD and very recently a Fuzz.
It all looks like a take on a SRV in a box.
Nothing complex in the layout. A volume and a rotary switch
with 3 stages of gain.
Every pedal that said it is 'the' SRV sound I tried ...worst still I bought was crap. I would be happy with a pedal that gave me a fat clean Strat sound with a bit ...yes just a bit of sustain.
Every pedal I tried tanked!!!
The lack of EQ I feel is to get the tone they spent a lot of time and effort to nail 3 fixed voices that have nailed the tone.
Considering with the other pedals I tried I spent hours on the EQ only to 
at best get a mediocre proximity I am all for this approach!
CONCLUSION
The best I have ever heard since the Sabbadius Mr. White Special II. The Mr. White is worth a listen but when pushed hard it gets too nasty and gives you too rough of a distortion for an SRV thing.
Yes for know I think Pedal Pawn is perhaps the best we have.



1 comment:

  1. I emailed and they said the transistor is silicon which is great news to me... germanium is very unstable in warmer conditions...I've had a germanium treble booster go berserk at a hot outdoor show... it's only silicon for me!

    ReplyDelete