Thursday, November 19, 2020

OVERDRIVE- FRIEDMAN Small Box ... NEW pedal ...Killer 50 watt Plexi sound!

 FRIEDMAN SMALL BOX OVERDRIVE 

$200.00 USD

Friedman is back again with another pedal the BEOD and Dirty Shirley were instant best sellers. The Golden Pearl and others were not such a hit but did OK.
The Small Box amp like all of the Friedman amps is based off of Marshall Classics. This time it is a 50 watt Plexi.

CONCLUSION
I had both the BEOD and the Dirty Shirley but sold them once I got turned onto the Marshall-In-A Box pedals of LPD Pedals and PedalPal FX. The PedalPal are dead on repro's of Marshall amps
and the LPD like Friedman are more assertive but with more clarity and harmonic detail. Both brands are anal about sonic detail.

The Small Box has it's own thing going ...where the Dirty Shirley was all about fat the Small Box is about tearing your face off! Nice!!!
In my book the best OD Friedman has ever done! Gotta have!!!

Well it is a week later. I had very unexpected government cheque arrive !!!!  So I sent my payment off straight to 'Dave' 
...my pedal is on the way! So check back here for the 'HANDS ON' when it arrives

HANDS ON
The overall sound can match or better any pedal out there. It definitely has a serious 'raspy' attack that none of my 17 other Marshall/Plexi based pedals have especially with a hummy in the guitar. It is fat yet tight at the same time. Compared to a few of my other pedals it has a tab bit less sustain. It has a great sound dimed which is unusual.
It is really impressive on a Strat. Many pedals bury the Strats chime and hollow resonance
that only a Strat PU can make and if they don't they are not fat. For me if it only did this it would be a keeper! You guessed it! It is indeed a keeper!
The demos do a good job. What you hear is what you get. There no let downs.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment