Friday, November 13, 2020

OVERDRIVE- NUX Recto/TWINOTE Boogie ...Mesa Dual Rectifier OD ...sweet! $25 !!!!

 NUX RECTO/TWINOTE BOOGIE DISTORTION 
$50.00 USD

Nux has reissued their amp-in-box 2010 OD's. I got the Plexi Crunch and it is killer. They do a Bogner and a Dumble too but I was majorly disappointed with them. For those there are better pedals.
The Recto on a quick listen got my attention. Shades of Andy Timmons who has kept the Dual Rectifier on the map for years. Before I go on further lets address Twinote. Nux like most made in China brands do re-branding. 
Mooer sells their pedals to over 20 other brands. They simply stamp a different name on the same pedals. Nux has recently started selling their mini pedals to Amazon with the Amazon brand on them. No one dumbs down there rebrands. These pedals are machine made and done in lots of 2000. That's right ...2000 pedals !!!
With that volume economy of scale parts are dead cheap and promise reliability. There is no reliability with bad parts and throwing things together.
The layout is simple with treble, bass, gain and level. The EQ
is ample and effective. In short it all gets down to the sound. 
Some pedals really do nail the amps sound. Others miss the entire target and still others get it in the ballpark. I simply am happy if I get a good and usable sound.
CONCLUSION
I put in a video at the end judge the sound of the whole reissues series so you can check the others out for yourself. 
Like I said ...I got the Plexi but was not impressed with the others.
As for the Recto in the first video ...
A good and usable sound for sure ...better still it is in the ballpark.The Twinote is bonus. It is the only pedal in this series that NUX has let Twinote have at the moment.The video is not in English but the others were either badly made or wasted time with endless shredding and no rhythm/chord work or riffs.
I will get to the chase!  At $25 incl. shipping it is no brainer at less than half price!!!
I ordered one!
$25.00 USD


For the RECTO go to
8:20


2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul. Cool site.
    I can’t find any video or the pedal for that price. Can you help me on this?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to the AliExpress site ...type in Twinote boogie distortion. There is whole page of stores selling them. I ordered mine from 'Enjoying Music Store'. They want $19.97 USD and $.77 for shipping. In short $20.74. It may take weeks to arrive. I have bought easily 50 pedals on AliExpress ...I learnt 4 to 6 weeks is not unusual. I always got my pedal. Keep in mind AliExpress have literally billions of customers. A Chinese store that gets kicked off is finished!!! So they do their best.Twice a pedal got lost and was replaced but each time the first pedal showed up months later so I ended up with 2. lol So except for the wait it is a killer site for pedals. Browse around but check back with me if you find something else you like so I can give you a heads up. I ALWAYS by Pro ...and some of these pedals are at least the first rung of the ladder pro ...but pro never the less. Some are just entry level so ...so and some are just crap!!!

    ReplyDelete