Wednesday, July 29, 2026

COMPRESSOR SHOOTOUT ___ 6 Mini Comps

  COMP WARS 
NEED TO KNOW
Universal Audio own the original UREI 1176 
the King of Comps. They still make them. 
Universal Audio also make the Universal Audio 
UA 1176 'pedal' that is a dead on clone of 
their own UREI. I own it and it is killer. 
Most studios use the UA software for a lot 
of their work and the same software is in 
the 1176 pedal.   
 
The SONICAKE Source Comp is a also a
take
 
on the 1176 as well. It is damn impressive.
At $50,00 USD I recommend it out of all these 
mini pedals. Add to that except for the 
Donner the others are a lot more money. 
So check the video and keep this in mind, 😇
 
I have owned the full size Wampler, the Keeley, the Xotic SP 
& the Donner (made by Mooer. Mooer call it the Yellow Comp 
which I have owned since it came out) In short I owned 
all but the JHS which is just another MXR Dyna Comp/Ross 
clone, and I would buy the SONICAKE 😇
 

3 comments:

  1. Is it silent -with no extreme settings-? How does it compare to pigtronic PT micro? Could be used as end-of-chain compressor (i mean, headroom is enough to manage high gain -fuzz, rat...- before)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Improbable. I have found that anytime with any Comp that if I used a Comp post gain I had to use a second one before it with any brand. Also the noise floor is usually unbearable.

    ReplyDelete