Thursday, September 19, 2024

NEED TO KNOW__WHAMMY BAR__FLOYD ROSE__all types|| what's good|| what's not


I have been thinking seriously of buying a guitar with a Floyd. The Charvel San Dimas with HSS PU's is on my shortlist. I have looked at Fender, Jackson, Schecter and EVH. I am very disappointed by a choice and lack of neck profiles that are not paper thin. I am like most big on price. Many guitars have pricey paint jobs and decoration that I don't even like ...let alone want to be paying for.
   CONCLUSION
Finally I need to know what I am buying when it comes down to the the 
damn whammy. 
The point of a Floyd is to remove whammy problems, not to create new 
and in some cases worse problems.  
___
JUST IN CASE 
The first video gives you the big picture and is all you need if you are buying a guitar with one on it.   
I put on the others for guys wanting to need a detailed picture. Maybe you wanted to actually  
buy a specific model because it was great deal or wanted to rebuild instead of upgrade etc. etc. 
Besides maybe just coming back here in the future for the perfect starting place. 

WHY ME ? 
I never had intentions of getting a Floyd but I bought a used Fernandes with a very 
stable but old Gotoh Fenderish whammy and found I have a damn good feel and ear 
to use it for accurate pitch changes. In short too many players use it for a noise maker. 
Not my thing?  I simply want to have a wider latitude to move one fixed pitch to another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment