Monday, September 9, 2024

OVERDRIVE- ANANASHEAD EFFECTS GT73 v.2 ___a better MATAMP GT20-in-a-Box

Ananashead*Effects
GT.73
$155.00 USD
Handmade by Pedro Garcia in Barcelona spain. He has been at it since 1998. 
A guy who totally anal in getting not only a dead on clone of a pedal but really cares that you love it. Needless to say you get the best parts and seriously good build. This is a take on the infamous MATAMP GT120 amp that was one of the first amps aimed directly at the Stoner and Doom players.
The layout is Treble, Bass, Presence, Volume and Boost with a Master Volume usually missed on others efforts. 
                        CONCLUSION ___
What really impresses me as just like the real amp you can pull 
back the Gain and get usable sounds ay a lower Gain just like the 
actual amp. It makes the pedal 100% usable for many genres and 
styles require a lot of articulation and definition. It is not just a one trick pony. Add to that you get a lot of pedal for your $. 

"Check out the real Amp"

7 comments:

  1. Would your recommend ananashead opto trem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best Trem ever made was the one built into the original Magnatone amps. The Opto is based from it. the pedal is killer!!!! It nails that sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sounds very nice but I have found only one demo. Do you use any tremolo on your board?

      Delete
  3. No I do not. I use both a Chorus and a Univibe when I want a similar sound. My music is primarily Metal. I borrow from ALL Metal styles and often use them in the same tune. A may for example do a 70'S Marshall thing for the verse but Doom Metal for the chorus. The music would be called by many a 'riff' style as I NEVER use 'chugs'. When I play clean I am usually flatpicking. Often with a faux Byrds sound. Once again if I do it, it may only be for a middle 8 and then I slam back into the next part of the tune with some high gain distortion power chords. My background was years of playing Prog Rock. A journalist described my current music as Sabbath but with a Prog Rock sensibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great! Which tuner do you have on your board?

      Delete
  4. I have a PETERSON Strobostomp. Most techs use it for intonation because of its specs and its stabilization while trying to get those final tweaks. I also have a ROADIE 3 automatic tuner ( it's a robo-tuner ) I have 10 guitars to tune before I play a note. It is very fast, very accurate and the battery charge lasts for a couple of weeks. I only use the Peterson daily for quick checks and tweaks over the gig.

    ReplyDelete