Sunday, June 16, 2019

OVERDRIVE- TC ELECTRONICS Fangs Metal Distortion -updated ...surprisingly good!!!

 TC ELECTRONICS FANGS METAL DISTORTION 

 $60.00 USD
Gain and more gain. Nothing subtle in a modern Metal OD.
The better ones give you a lot of bells and whistles to control a beast that always borders on out of control.
So 4 knobs. Gain, Volume, Bass and Treble. With a raw and scoop switch. 

I can see no criticism at the price! Would a serious modern Metal player buy this?  NO!!!
Would a pro buy this? They just might. 

LET MY DIGRESS A LITTLE
My music is best described as Post Modern Metal. I am mixing ideas from 60's pop, 70's Metal with a modern pop sensibility
So my point is that although my main OD's are Marshall in a box pedals I often use things like a POG and or a Metal pedal stacked for parts of songs with wall of sound power chords used to create orchestrated affects usually behind vocals in a chorus a bridge or middle 8.
Such a pedal is perfect for this. My music does not use the quarter note constant rhythm of modern metal. In short I do not 'chug'!
Many bands use similar elements here and there. They are also using a 30 to 50 watt open back single 12 combo. When they need to push it with their music a pedal like this or a very aggressive Fuzz is the answer.

CONCLUSION
It is the poor man's REV 4 pedal. LOL
For what I need and how often ...this is perfect!!!
I ordered one!

No comments:

Post a Comment