Saturday, June 1, 2019

OVERDRIVE- JACKSON AUDIO Broken Arrow ...is it a killer???

$280.00 USD
JACKSON AUDIO BROKEN ARROW
From Australia comes yet another company that has been under the radar.
The Broken arrow shows all the signs of one of the two obvious
starting places for 99% of all OD's. you either start with MOSFET transistors or go for one of the Tube Screamer chips. One can  add a few clipping diodes to spike up the sound too.
The Broken Arrow has them all. Last but not least they added some digital programming so you can save your fav analog sounds.
I expect this pedal although not the first is the first to get it all right.
Add to that a good 3 way EQ and a boost and you have one hell of
a lot of options!
The first vid is how to navigate all this so you may wish to go for
the others to get a taste of the noises thing puts out.




CONCLUSION
To my ears this pedal is the Handyman's pedal. "Jack of all OD's master of none."
Yes it sounds Pro in every way. But for those seeing themselves as an artist maybe not. Perfect for cover bands, wedding bands etc. It can cover most music very well.
Not my thing. Music is the my only serious talent/gift. Original material and music as an art are quite simply my personal religion.

LAST WORD AND PERSONAL OPINIONS
Like a soldier ...I say give my art or give me death. lol
If needs be I would rather have a day job and put 10 times the money I earn into playing and performing my craft then I can ever make. I am 72 and have never compromised! So no one will tell me it can not be done! 
For those that think I probably just do not have the talent maybe the fact I opened for 
Rush will make you I have something. 
Geddy came over to the band and talked a good half hour with nothing but praise for the music I both wrote and performed! We did 2 encores that night!!!!
Finally to quote a patron who came up to me that night "You blew my mind!!!"
Do I have a big ego???? YES!!! LOL
Can I back up what I say ...double YES! 

1 comment:

  1. What band were you in ?when did you open for Rush? That is a once in a lifetime opportunity?,very cool..

    ReplyDelete