Wednesday, August 30, 2023

GRAPHIC EQ- IRIN Band Controller Equalizer ...compact 10 band ___$25

IRIN INSTRUMENT 
 BAND CONTOLLER |EQUALIZER
$25.00 USD
(AliExpress/includes free shipping)

Those that do not think they need an EQ don't own one or they would find out if it was gone they would have to replace it. They could even wish the one they have was better or it had memory so they could get an instant change to fit a pedal or indeed a stack of pedals with the right sound.
 
I use 3. One with memory on my high gain and Fuzz channel and two on my clean sound channel. One is set to give my overall clean sound a Silver-face Fender sound which is very bright and scooped. I use it for Strat sounds on and my Semi for chime and more definition.
I have a 5 band and two 7 band EQ's. My Crunch channel does not have an EQ and I would like to put the non programable 7 band in it and get a new 10 band to use for my faux Fender sound. I can get more detail in the sound cut the extreme lows right out and the very, very highs that only show up when single coil hiss can be heard. In short a kind of a gate on hiss. 
   BASIC SPEC
It is a small pedal. It fooled me because 10 band pedals are usually fairly big and visually it looks about the same. 
It is 10.8 cm x 7.5 cm ...or 4 1/4'' x 3''  If you sat a Boss pedal sideways on it the Boss pedal would not cover over the last fader. In other words it takes up the space of an average pedal. You can cut or boost a sliders output by plus or minus 16dB  (A Boss for comparison is 15dB)  
 
CONCLUSION ___
There is nothing on the company. They do not appear to make other pedals or even mixing boards. A few reviews, none criticizing the unit. Not surprising there are no video reviews. Guys do not clammer to watch EQ reviews by any makes of EQ, lol.
 
The good news is most graphics EQ's are bought by HiFi aficionados they get very picky about headroom and noise. The odds of this made by a HiFi manufacturer seem to me very probable. I think most company's farm out their EQ's because companies making other pedals keep dumping old models for new ones but the EQ is always the same model with no end in sight after 10 years and still unchanged. These companies making analog EQ units have had about 40 years to get it right. They are truly trying to get these transparent to the point of invisible. 
I think it is harder to get something deliberately distorted  
to have the 'right' dirt when no one can easily define or agree on it, lol.  
   
HANDS ON
It arrived in 7 days. 
It is built like a tank with a bit of heft. The faders are nice and 
firm but move fine they click in nicely at the center détente.
The sound is clean but not antiseptic or the least bit metallic 
and the range is much more than most will ever use. I can not 
hear any smearing from the cross fade of the faders. In other words
zero mud. My first impression is this is an easy 10 out of 10 sound.
My pricey Source Audio EQ does not sound one bit better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment