Friday, August 4, 2023

FUZZ/OD- VADERIN PEDALS Radio Dirtman ___ NEW ___ Doom/Thrash in-a-Box

VADERIN PEDALS RADIO DIRT MAN
$130.00 USD
This is their take on the defunct Earthquaker Dirt Transmitter pedal right down to using the NOS 2N1711 transistors. OpAmp free so it has a tube amp vibe to it's Fuzz thing.
The layout is volume, tone, gain and BIAS. It definitely has an Earthquaker Acapulco Gold (SUNN Model T AIAB) vibe. I am sure Earthqucker are just as happy with the Acapulco covering the same end of the market that their defunct Dirt Transmitter brought in.
CONCLUSION __
This pedal definitely has that early Doom and Trash Metal thing going on. 
It is as fat as the SUNN Model T-amp pedals. It has a bit more center mid thing not the lower mid thing of the many SUNN pedals out there. The lows can break up in a nasty velcro way but that is good or bad depending on wanting more Doom than Thrash from it. It is the same price as the one knob Earthquaker. But the one knob over 4 is not impressive. 
Vaderin have a winner!  
 
the fine print
I have been here before, lol. This is a sound I want but as usual I need it for a few things ,not so many I want to spend much, lol. I found the MOEN Metal. A Thrash pedal that the circuit goes back to 2010 for  a big box V.1. Now they have V.2 that is in a standard B280 box  like the Vaderin does. A v.3 that comes in a mini ...the sound V.3 got lost in the translation. Fortunately V.2 is alive and well and the  
MOEN Metal sells for $40.00 USD.
It checks the boxes but it was demoed for Thrash with the lows cut. Until I can hear it with the lows cranked I do not know if it is the perfect alternatives. I should have one in a week. I will of course give you a heads up. This kind of sound added to your mix is very quickly becoming a 'thing'. So I know a lot  of guys will be wanting a 'Hands On' ASAP.  In short I will give you a heads up very soon.

2 comments: