Sunday, August 27, 2023

OVERDRIVE- JOYO R-24 Rigel PreAmp ___ NEW ___ Thrash-in-a-Box

JOYO |  RIGEL R-24 PREAMP  
$95.00 USD
Virtually a Thrash Metal Overdrive. One size fits all. Really, it actually does. The idea was to give you enough bells and whistles to sculpt it into a Peavey 5150 a Mesa Dual/Rec or whatever.
The layout is easy to use but like many pedals the labels are confusing. It has Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass and Gain. Feel control I expect is a dynamics setting for your touch. It has a bright switch and 3 different voices with different gains. 
  
CONCLUSION ___ 
The oversize box is unnecessary and looks unconvincingly pretentious. The chrome 
plated plastic knobs also cheapens the look. It does sound very good and the 
controls are both useful and effective. If it was compact I could be tempted. 
My $44.00 USD ...MOEN Metal gives me the same basic sound and I only 
need this clichéd kind of sound on a few tunes. For a start I don't 'chug' 😒
Faults aside if you need a good straight ahead cover it all Metal pedal
there is plenty to tweak certainly enough to get good sounds out of any rig.

2 comments:

  1. This pedal is a one channel clone of the KSR Ceres preamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good handle on all pedals. You should start your own Blog. It's free and I think you could do really well :-)

    ReplyDelete