Sunday, October 9, 2022

OVEDRIVE- NATIVE AUDIO War Party ... not another one :-)

NATIVE AUDIO| WAR PARTY OD
$200.00 USD
This is Mike Trombley's take on a Rat. That said it is not a Rat and was in many ways never meant to be.
It uses the touch sensitive circuit from his Kiaayo which has a more early Boss OD like vibe but gives you the aggression of a Rat. It sounds to my ears like a Boss SD-1 with an attitude, lol. The pedal is meant to be more than it's sound but about 'feel' the thing that transfer the expression from your fingertips to your music. A pedal that does this well inspires a better performance that is inevitably connects with the listener.
CONCLUSION
I am always drawn to novelty and excess. I want my nasty sound brutal 
and my fat sounds massive and my full sounds with the breadth of the 
horizon over the ocean. Not always the best choices in a band as one 
can find your sound crowding into or being crowded out by the other players.  
Mikes pedals are all about the power of understated nuance. A Fedora in the  
land of baseball caps. If you love this 'I get it'.  
I would still rather stick with my Rat II. My $80.00 USD Rat ..I might add :-) 
Even so the 'War' is a damn nice hard clipper style OD with its own merit. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment