Monday, October 24, 2022

OVEDRIVE- DECIBELICS Angry Swede ... true to the original?

DECIBELICS| ANGRY SWEDE 

$155.00 USD
An ashamed hand made clone of the BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal. Version two adds a clean blend for a better cut on your pick attack.
Decibelics is famous for main the most accurate sounding clones and this is no exception. The inclusion of a clean blend is a welcome addition. It allows you to get a percussive and biting attack. Although not recommended as it changes the original sound you can run it 'true bypass' of the buffer.
The layout is level, gain , treble and bass.

CONCLUSION
I owned an original  first year, 'new in a box' condition'. I didn't like it. It has one great sound but does just one thing that doesn't transfer well to to busy high tempo playing. I can not condemn it for not being something it was never meant to. 
A Mack truck is not a Ferrari and would be crap 
truck if you used it for one, lol   As for a comparison 
to the original. It's an identical sonic twin. 
 

4 comments:

  1. I've got the decibelics Golden Horse (Klon clone). This is an impressive high quality pedal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I think it is the best. A bullet proof choice. I tried 3 Klons and found teach was better but better at creating a sound that just does not work with what I write. I think the best budget one is the Harby Pedals Centauri for $140.00 USD. It is the 'only' budget one with that glassy sound the real Klon has that hangs in like your Decibelics does.You have a real keeper. A never need to upgrade pedal ...ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried the Harby BMF (They say it is a Sovtek Big Muff clone)?

    ReplyDelete