Tuesday, October 25, 2022

OVERDRIVE- VICTORY AMPLIFIERS V.1 The Kraken ___NEW___ impressive, maybe very?

VICTORY AMPLIFIERS|
$250.00 USD
 V.1 THE KRAKEN 
This is a part of a series of pedals we are just getting a few reviews on though as a group they have been out for a few weeks. Each one being one of their amps made 
into an Amp-in-In-Box pedal. The Kraken amp is their take on a Metal amp that has a Soldano, 5150, MESA Dual/Rec vibe. They researched to see what common thread was with how guys with these amps set the controls and even what pedals they stacked in the amps for boosts. They even too into account most guys used an always on Ibanez TS9 or similar as an always on pedal to tighten the sound. So the amp was voiced accordingly. Case in point ...you do not need a Tube Screamer because the voicing 
is shaped the to boost the upper mids and cut the lows to tighten the sound. 
The pedal is voiced same way. The pedal is made by Thorpy hence the heavy duty casing and high end parts.
The layout is volume, gain, treble, mid and bass. 
.
CONCLUSION
I have many very good Amp-in-Box pedals but I find the best Metal pedals 
I have need added boosts or EQ etc. to get the best from them out of them 
depending on what tune I use them on. In short many pedals sound great 
on video but don't match well with your rig or fit in your band even though 
their basic voice is very, very impressive. The pedal definitely sounds killer.
But I have excellent Metal pedals. Is this one better? Or 'same but different?'  


2 comments:

  1. Which pedals have stood the test of time in your experience? Could you make a post with your preferred pedals per type (reverb, filter, boost, compressor, overdrive (Klon, bluesbreaker, etc.), fuzz, distortions (MIAB, etc.), metal, tremolo, chorus, flanger, uni-vibe, wah, delay, etc.) with a cheap and a more expensive option?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the Post 'My Favorite Pedals' ...I update every time I get a better one and play it long enough to know it is keeper. I also have on the end of that Post 'Honorable Mention' of pedals that are excellent but I do not use as I have others on my board that are as good, not better but I do not need both :-)

    ReplyDelete