Sunday, October 23, 2022

OVERDRIVE- ELECTRIC EYE AUDIO Swedish Steel ... more than a BOSS HM-2

ELECTRIC EYE AUDIO |
 SWEDISH STEEL 
I had an original BOSS HM-2, never played in a Box. I forgot I owned it and left it in a brief case for decades. A guy owed me money and owned a Music store. He offered me the pedal that had just come out. I intended to sell it back then but forgot I had it. Actually I couldn't find a sound I liked on it. I sold it. Yes, I got the big money :-)
The layout is level, gain, with bass, mids and treble. You get both a boost and 'tight' which is a high pass filter to tighten the lows
You can dial in an HM-2. The 'Steel' definitely has a Fuzz like quality that can give you different sounds.

CONCLUSION
I prefer a classic Metal amp in a box and adding a heavy Fuzz  or indeed just using a Fuzz for these sounds, but for a one size fits all it does a good job. Still it would be fun to add to my mix. 
I do prefer the Dazatronyx THX which is the same idea but approached differently. 
It gives you both silicon and my favorite geranium sounds. Check out the Post.


3 comments: