Saturday, August 6, 2022

WIRELESS- M-VAVE WP-5G Wireless Guitar System... can the very best be dirt cheap?

M-VAVE WP-5G GUITAR WIRELESS GUITAR SYSTEM 

& AMMOON AM-5G
$42.00 USD
First lets kill the the big myth. A good wireless does not change or alter your signal. The only thing that does that is a guitar chord. A guitar chord sucks up highs and lows. 
It is that we have for decades been conditioned to thinking that what the PU in are guitar sends out and what we hear thru a cord is what we have. Wrong! I have no problem with what I hear thru a cord but I have zero problem knocking off a half notch of high from my amp so it sounds like my chord. I add or subtract highs at gigs because of different rooms. What's the f-ing difference?
The technical progress in wireless tech is a good 20 to 30 years old. It is needed 
for over a billion wireless phones so better and cheap make chip companies multi millions every year.
The very longest the signal is delayed is half the
delay you hear if you are 10 feet away from your amp using a chord. In short this 'latency' or delay is irrelevant as it is imperceivable.
So your common everyday cell phone has killer spec. The same chips are used on most wireless systems. That I am afraid is a problem. We have 
all had problems with our phones now and again. Hanging up and calling again is no big deal. 
The big problem is interference as like I said there are a billion plus phones being used and some guy out of a thousand in your neighbourhood is sending out interference from his. 
The Military and Emergency market use a UHF 9.5KHz spec not the phone VHF 2.4 KHz. Your fire dept at a fire talking to medics on the 10th floor of a building burning down can not have interference or drop outs.
Just shy of 2 years ago the international governing group legalized the ISM band for microphones and guitar wireless.
CONCLUSION
M-VAVE are at the head of the pack because their whole biz has been making wireless systems. Their big buyer is the Military/Emergency market.
A market where you do not get a second chance if your product fails. They have been accustomed to high mark ups. I am guessing because of that. Ammoon got smart and got them to do a rebrand. 
the fine print
early wireless system
I have gone through two sets of old school NUX 2.4 KHz  units. They sound killer. They had the usual cell phone signal problems. The real problem for me is I put easily over 40 hours a week on my rig. That is a lot of recharges. None of these units no matter what the brand allow for replacing the battery. Bummer! 
I got 2 years so I can not complain.
 
Now I can get the best a 5.8 KHz  unit for $42.00 USD. You can spend more on cables over 2 years. 
 
I have had mine 9 months without any issues. I have even dropped it many times 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment