Sunday, July 3, 2022

OVERDRIVE- BLACK CAT AMPS Djenttonic OD .... you get one guess ?

$200.00 USD
BLACK CAT AMPS DJENTTONIC 
The company started in 2016 by Konstantin Makarenco and is in Kharkiv Ukraine. Yes, it's a small world. Oh my, not much to add once you have read the name of the pedal.
The layout is fairly basic with level, gain, bass, mids and treble. Last but not least is the 'warmth' button which adds some mid breadth but tightens at the same time. The idea was to give it a bit of the Tube Screamer thing as a boost.
One clever feature is it has USB input to recharge an internal battery so it can be adapter free if you prefer.
If your only thing is Djent I would imagine you could find faults with this pedal.  
It definitely has 'the sound'. That sound being very upper mids, syrupy and warm 
with a percussive gritty attack. As an overall EQ it does not have a wide range but 
the whole point is to allow you to tweek the sound in detail within the range of the sound of it's genre.
CONCLUSION 
I am a big believer that a pedal should aim at one specific sound and absolutely 
nail it. A pedal that tries to do it all never does anything perfect. I do not need a
wide selection of second best sounds. I'm impressed. Much of my approach to
playing is loosely a Prog Metal thing but I use many tones to play it. I have
only one sound that gets in this ballpark so this pedal is a very tempting 
purchase since it is literally a Djent-in-a-Box. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment