Tuesday, July 5, 2022

LOOP SWITCHER- VITOOS VMP12 ... impressive cheap pedal board switcher

 VITOOS VMP-4 SWITCHER W/ POWER SUPPLY 
$110.00 USD 
This company was totally under the radar because they make power supplies from the cheapest to the best but all for other companies, like Mosky and Joyo etc. Even now they are only selling the products under their own name thru their store on AliExpress. Of course this saves you money so I'm all for it.
This is their first switcher. It has only 5 loops but as I can tell you it can easily be enough. You can keep different types of pedals in different loops. For example you can have Fuzz pedals in one loop, low gain drives in another, high gain in another etc. 
What I do is use 66 pedals in only 3 loops and it works out fine. I treat each loop as mini pedal board. One loop for the verse, one for the chorus and one for mid8/solo. Each loop has it's own comp, gate, delay and verb. I treat them as my clean/low gain loop, my medium gain crunch loop and my high gain & Metal loop. Modulation pedals are here and there in which loop works best.
The cool thing is that it has both the switcher and a quality power supply in the same box. It keeps things simple and more compact.

CONCLUSION 
$110.00 USD and free shipping ...says it all. 
I have several of their power supplies and without any trouble running them on average about 25 hours a week for over 5 years! So that says a lot as lot for both reliability and safety. Yes even if as expect the switches are robust they are hardly high end. Big But...you won't know what really need in a switcher because you have never had one and you will likely buy too many pedals long before you cut back, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment