Saturday, July 9, 2022

OVERDRIVE- HORSE Maximum ... Fulltone Full Drive II clone

HORSE MAXIMUM OD 
$45.00 USD
free shipping
/ AliExpress
This pedals are sold by K-mise that distribute several pedals and several re-brands 
of the same pedals.
They are built at the Joyo factory. This is their new line of better pedals So far they have not started farming them out. The company is well known internationally for small things like plastic recorders, kazoos, string winders, beginner ukuleles etc. They sell mostly to small independent Moms & Pops stores. Their big thing is reliability as these stores want cheap but robust stuff that outlive their guarantee 
and not available at big discount stores.
The layout is tone, volume and gain. A switch gives you two levels of distortion. another switch lets you chose either MOSFETS or Diodes to clip. The first being 
amp like and the diodes for a more aggressive sound. You also get a boost with 
it's own drive and footswitch.
The Fulltone original was the pedal that started the company. They still make 
version one. It's a smaller 3 knob jobbie. They are best known for their OCD pedal.

CONCLUSION
The original pedal is over 15 years old. Guys like Tom Petty always used one. 
It is not a modern Amp-in-a-Box but a hard clipper like all the old Boss pedals. Joyo make this pedal too. 
They put theirs in a bigger box and want $60.00 USD. Joyo fit the Horse 
into the casing they use on their smaller pedals. 

$60.00 USD

the fine print
They sound the same to me. If there is even 
a shade of grey difference it can attributed 
to 3 different amps, guitars and studios.
The Horse takes up less space on your 
board as is the cheapest .....😇

7 comments:

  1. Hi Paul , only found your blog recently, really loving it but know your giong to cost me a small fortune . Mosky also do the deluxe preamp which is also supposed to be a Full drive but has two tone pots , Ive been toying between this and the Demonfx atds+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe both of the mosky “preamps” are more similar to the lovepedal Amp 11 except the blue deluxe one has more clipping options and a SHO boost instead of the Lovepedal’s COT boost. I assume the green is the same but I could be wrong. I have the lovepedal as well as the mosky deluxe and they’re very similar. Both “timmy” style circuits.

      Delete
  2. What is a 'atds+'. They make 21 pedals and a power supply and I just can't figure by any names of the pedals what it is? The Breaker Drive would make 22 but it is no longer on their site or at the 2 of the 3 stores on AliExpess they use. Cheer up about all those purchases. Up until Covid I was spending about $20,000.00 a year on pedals, lol. I now have kept 66 which I actually use at least once every 2 days.
    I am trying to downsize but I only play original material and a pedal has to be perfect for the part of the tune I use it in. If it is I keep it even if just for one tune. For example many guys might use one MIAB pedal on the verse and boost it for the chorus. I will use a Plexi style for the verse but a JCM 800 for the chorus, lol. I also use 9 guitars with many different PU's among them. PAF. P90, Strat, Tele, Goldfoil. Gretsch, and Rickenbaker. They all work better with different pedals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paul. I believe the pedal they are referring to is the AT-DS. It is the clone of the JHS Andy Timmons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seen it ages ago and wasn't in a hurry to check it out since I bought the original when it first came out and was disappointed. I found it unusually strident. Timmons only uses it for solo's. He still has and uses his Xotic BB for everything else. In a recent interview he even said as much.

      Delete
  4. These horse pedals appear to be the Joyo R-series minus the LED mood lights on the case. I will be bookmarking them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely Joyo as the Joyo name is printed on the circuit boards, lol.

      Delete