Sunday, November 21, 2021

OVERDRIVE- JOYO JF-21 Splinter Distortion ...oh no! ..not another Rat!!!

 JOYO JF-21 SPLINTER DISTORTION 

Yes folks yet another Rat. 
The layout is as 
$50.00 USD
expected with a volume, gain and filter/tone control. It does have two toggles. On lets you switch to Mosfet clipping for a tube like vibe. 
The other switch lets you switch to give you the Turbo Rat sound with its heavy mid boost.
All Rat pedals use an OpAmp with clipping diodes and the differences are far less than the similarities. This is typical of the many gourmet brands.They back off from the near Fuzz qualities towards a OD like the Boss SD-1. I own both a ProCo Rat II and a Boss DS-1 so I love them both.
CONCLUSION
To me this is not a Rat but it is a great sounding hard clipper OD. If I wasn't downsizing my board than it could easily be on my order list :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment