Saturday, November 27, 2021

REVERB- JHS Series 3 Hall Reverb ...'NEW' ...high end sound ...entry level price?

 JHS SERIES 3 HALL REVERB 
$85.00 USD
black friday price
then back to $100
Nothing too complicated just volume, dampen which is a tone control and decay. A switch to add modulation for ambience things.
This is the second of two Reverbs in the series. The other is a quasi plate like thing that acts a sub for a the classic Spring verb in an amp. 
A Hall is just that a hall, or in short a very, very large room. JHS has cleverly allowed you to create a larger hall by tying it in with the decay. The decay and modulation pushed wide open lets you do a really convincing sci fi spacey effects. When backed it heads into a large room sound that for many is dry enough to use as a basic always on verb sound.
It has only been out for a couple of weeks and this is the first full review. Ryan does give you a good chance to hear a pedals overall tonal quality. I am afraid his' Ronald McDonald' approach is not helpful compared to many reviewers. I like to be shown the range and application of each control with a snippet of a verse which shows off how effective the pedal does that specific   task. For example is there a convincing low setting to act as an always on sound to sub as a 
spring reverb that others have built into their amp etc. 
We will know more after we are treated to a few more reviews. 
CONCLUSION 
I am damn impressed. For 99% of us it can create all the ambience you will ever need are indeed be able to fit in most Rock formats. If you are in a band how often can you use that much. Than for the bulk of your tunes you can back it down as required. Not just versatile but usefully versatile.

...the best demo is the first one. It does all 3 of the newest Series 3 pedals but at 5:34 it features an in depth review of the the verb.

the fineprint
I have been looking fora Verb to give me a big open sound for my boards clean channel where I keep my low gain pedals. I use that channel for parts of my tunes where it is all flatpicking etc. where I want a bit of a dream like etheral vibe. I often use my semi to pull off a more acoustic feel as well. I need just one very good very pro sound that is easy to use live to tweek the wet/dry and decay quickly. First this appears perfect. If do not need or want more features and choices. Neither the price that is doubled or even tripled so as to pay for them. 
Everyone has a sale on and they will all be cancelled by Dec..4.
So I will have to decide. soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment