Wednesday, November 3, 2021

FUZZ- ALL PEDAL Love Machine Fuzz ... is this lion too tame? or is it a killer?

ALL PEDAL LOVE MACHINE FUZZ

$200.00 USD
Early this year this company had an in your face campaign to push their pedals. The look is hardly not anything less than overkill. They also had a lot of very over produced Demo's. In short all the signs of hiding a crap cheaply built pedal with all the budget put into the graphics. The early demos had the sound buried in a really heavy overproduced backing track. In short I refused to review a pedal I could not hear properly.
But with a couple of new video's I have changed my mind. 
The pedal is a take on crossing a Muff with an octave Fuzz. Which is what Lovetone pedals did with their Big Cheese in the 90's.Two years ago JHS made the Cheese Ball which again was a take off. 
The Lovetone was 'the' Fuzz to have and an endless line of Star players bought one.
The layout has the standard volume, level and gain. With that very useful blend knob to bring in the octave and a voice with an offset bias to give it that just right spit and sputter. A switch is provided for 2 mid voice settings.
CONCLUSION
It is very tight and controlled with an OD like tone to the sound. Perhaps they designed it too slick and have put a tuxedo on their lion, lol?
I cannot fault them for making what is really an incredibly usable and versatile pedal. This could have a guy who even hates Fuzz buy one.
 the fine print
I will have to have a good look at my board and see if there are any pedals wanting to go to Reverb-Land and make way for a new pedal, lol.
OK ...I found 2 volunteers ...so I ordered one!!!



DEC, 8/2021
So after after spending some time to just tinker around with the octave feature
I found to my surprise with a bit of practise I could hit the sweet spot on the guitars volume and pull out all the growls, spits and sputters I want on command. It was great fun and sounds killer.
I pulled off a couple of Fuzz pedals from my board that it more than covers.

At the moment I am down to 65 pedals. 
I have an MXR Classic 108 mini, Fuzz Face, and a  LILT  Gladiator 1, which is SRV/Dumble voiced OD. Both are for Strat sounds I get from 2 guitars. I have 3 pedals now I use and find them usable but not more. Something from the 5 has to go. I am hoping the 2 on order will do the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment