Wednesday, November 24, 2021

OVERDRIVE- GROFF AMPLIFICATION FireStorm

 GROFF AMPLIFICATION CORNERSTONE 
$180.00 USD
Having just got the Wilson Sparkling Blue, a beefed up Marshall Guv'nor v.1 pedal I have found stacking my Fortin Fuzz on it gives me a damn beefy Metal OD so when I checked out the Firestorm i was intrigued. The firestone starts out from the get go takin the Guv'nor too and putting a 3 way toggle to choose different clipping diodes to make a flexible Metal pedal. The LED diode gives you a basic JCM 800 vibe. A silicon diode gives you added saturation and sustain and germanium diode gives you that fat warm grit.The layout includes level, gain and tone with a second toggle to either cut or boost the bass.
CONCLUSION
What a difference a week or two makes. I can never guess what's around the corner. I have only had the Wilson in my hands for 24 hours, lol, and ...
Actually the Wilson lets me pull back for more MIAB sounds and the Fortin lets me push it into very rough territory and since the Fuzz is separate I can stack it on other pedals or use it on it's own so I am not unhappy with my choice. Yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment