Monday, November 29, 2021

FUZZ- SOLIDGOLD FX- 76 Octave Fuzz ... massive sound !

SOLID GOLD FX76 OCTAVE FUZZ
$175.00 USD

The company has a rep of making excellent Fuzz pedals of a high quality at reasonable prices. Some like the 
76 have always gone out the door by word of mouth. Every few years there is an anniversary model or in this case Black Friday deals that got my attention. It is an Octave Fuzz. Used poorly they have annoying drop outs or create comical antique video game bleeps tinkles.  I recently got the ALL PEDAL Love Machine which starts with a Fuzz/OD voice but you can add in the octave thing. A few days ago I turned on the octave thing just for a hoot. Within an hour I had found I could easily control the octave feature to make spits and growls on command. It sounded beyond killer! I am a new convert. I think I might have bought the 76 instead but the truth is I needed to own one to know. No regrets and I still might get a 76 anyway.
CONCLUSION
I think I have said it all. Yes there others possibly as good but nothing better.
the fine print
April, 2022
I have several Fuzz pedals including the ALL Pedals Love Machine octave Fuzz. Practically speaking I could already cover all the ground with my collection. 
A damn sale popped up so I could not resist the 76.
It arrived and as cool as it is it did not bump the Love Machine off the board. Where it really earns its keep is on tunes that need a massive sound but I have sing over the damn thing. I just click the toggle to the scooped sound and my voice sits right in the scoop. The effect is like having an entire orchestra behind the vocals. Totally unreal. LOVE IT!!! ...LOVE IT!!! ...LOVE, LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment