Wednesday, December 6, 2023

FUZZ- CHAMPION LECCY The Devy v.3 ...nice Percolator clone

$160.00 USD
also in black
CHAMPION LECCY the Divvy v.3 
It is a take on the old 70's Interfax Percolator. A pedal designed by a guy that liked to old germanium Fuzz sound no longer available so maybe he could hot rod a silicon design by adding a germanium transistor to it. The results gave him a Fuzz with an OD vibe. The Rat is is technically a hard clipper OD but that too is bit Fuzzy.  
   ....Pun intended 😎.
CONCLUSION ___
I love its pee pee toddler humor it reminds me of the
fart jokes we all giggled at as young children. 
It is not an overwhelming kind of sound but it is truly unique. 
Nothing sounds quite like it. I kept coming close to buying 
many but didn't so here I am thinking should I ??? LOL.

the fine print
The pedal falls in and out of fashion every few years so clones have a half life. They come and go. 
Everyone who does a take mods the circuit. Usually with too much gain and in my mind misses 
the point, buy a Muff for that,lol. The Devvy keeps it in the medium gain area and fattens it up. 
Most out there I found in a quick look were a lot more money. In short I feel the Devvy is well done. 
I included the video of the original so you can judge for yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment