Saturday, December 2, 2023

FUZZ- BOSS FZ-5 Fuzz ...still posted in the BOSS catalogue after 15 years

$110.00 USD
BOSS FZ-5 Fuzz 

This is 15 years old and it is a digital Fuzz. It will never get pass the 'Cork Sniffer's' ...or the guys that have the very best modelers and just maybe a few pedals that 9 times out of 10 if they like Fuzz have an analog Fuzz. It is often an unreliable and very noisy germanium one, LOL. So you get my point.
The layout is Volume, Gain and 3 fixed voices a Fuzz Face, Maestro FZ-1A and an Octavio.
      ....<>^
CONCLUSION ___
On the down side it is like all digital. It is the difference between the perfect oil painting and a state of the art photograph of that painting. Lifeless but the subject matter is so beautiful as a mere mortal I might hang the Poster on the wall. It has none of the feel nor nuance of a good analog Fuzz to inspire one playing to a great performance. 
It does however give you a sound that will never let you down. 
You know that your audience is hearing a damn impressive 
noise coming off that stage. In short let me underline  
impressive and priced to tempt me, LOL
NOTE: ___after 15 years there are an infinity of videos. I listen to at least a dozen or more. They sucked big time. I chose Jason Brooksby as he is one of the most objective reviewers I know. He also is a lover of a Fuzz and has a few of the very pricey high end examples. He also does not use expensive audio so what you hear  
is what you get. I risked buying a pricey OD from a video he did and it 100% on the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment