Sunday, August 25, 2019

OVERDRIVE- LOVE PEDAL Tchula ...ever wonder what an early Plexi sounded like just before crunch?


 LOVE PEDAL TCHULA OD 
$200.00 USD
Have you ever wondered what an old Plexi sounds like clean? Well maybe on 4. 
Well wonder no more.
Love pedal have recently brought back the Tchula that Josh Smith made famous do to finding some NOS (new old parts.)
A very simple set up. A volume knob an on/off switch and a boost switch.
The Plexi is very, very low mids heavy. It's ability to
kick out crushing lows is it's trademark. It is also why
early uses used a Rangemaster treble booster.


 
CONCLUSION
Well it is reasonably accurate but it can get muddy really quick. Single coils help and it is really an always on kind of pedal where 
you set up your amp with a bit of sparkle to compensate. 
I would buy one in a flash if I felt I could teak it but I would probably need to stack it with something or give it it's own EQ. 
Oddly enough I remembered that I have a NOS clone of a Rangemaster from 3 years back and it is on my board for a revaluation. Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment