Monday, August 5, 2019

OVERDRIVE- BENSON AMPS Preamp ...exquisite tone

 BENSON PREAMP 
$250.00 USD

This will be a short review. I was personally turned onto it by someone who wishes to remain anonymous.
It is made by Benson Amps a gourmet amp maker.
It is the preamp out of their Chimera 30 watt amp with the tubes substituted for FETS.
It uses nothing to clip the sound.
If you use a Fender Hot Rod it will give a very convincing 'Tweed' sound. It removes any harshness in the clean sound of any amp.
Great for sweetening  Brit amps using EL34 or EL84 tubes.



CONCLUSION
Yes I have the ears to see it does the old Fender thing with perfection. My amp is a Plexi so
it would be redundant. If anything I need a pre that would make it sound like a Fender Deluxe or even a Twin Reverb. If I owned a Deluxe or Twin I would be saying. "I ordered one!" LOL

FINAL WORD
This may sound nuts. If you like the kind of tone the Benson gives you BUT...
But ??? I will use the old 3 bears analogy the 'Benson is the Just right sound' but as for me I like the Poppa Bear sound and to my total amazement you can get it out of the 
Danelectro FAB D-2 OD. check the second video on it's Post. I wasn't sure until I heard a snippet from a Pedal Guys show. 
Hey! ...at $20 you can't go wrong!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment