Monday, July 8, 2019

OVERDRIVE- CARL MARTIN Panama ...an 80's sounding Marshall

$200.00 USD
 CARL MARTIN PANAMA OD 
C.M. set out to make the definite 80's Marshall
and they have done a nice job of it. It captures the late 80's
Marshall JCM 800 stack vibe quite nicely!
The'Damping' knob is in reference to when the speaker gets overwhelmed with too much signal and forces the signal to feedback into the amp ...this creates a nasty but nice grungy sound. It has a nice glassy round and fat tone. One nice thing if you pull back the Damping you get the resonance sound created by the Marshall 1960a 4x12 cabinet. 
My only beef is it lacks any serious sustain.

The new smaller size pedals are a good idea. The new smaller price is too.











CONCLUSION
Actually I reviewed this pedal months ago but the release date took forever.
It didn't even have a price so I made a guess by comparing others in these 
new smaller pedals.
Yes ...I was right it is $200.00 USD
Any how my PC crashed and took out everything but the pic???
So I made this fresh Post :-)
Carl Martin is a mad man about attention to detail, tone and a quality build. I see at least one C.M. on countless boards of a lot of great players.
Bottom line, I love the tone ...the price is reasonable ...the quality is a given it even looks great!
SOLD!!!

 I found a guy in Czech Republic selling a 'mint' one and made a bid on it!
Well I closed the deal and it is on it's way!

HANDS ON
Well it finally arrived in the mail.

the very first thing I have to say... I was wrong about the sustain. It goes on forever lol. I turned my compressor off it was not needed big time!!! otherwise it sounds like the video.
Total killer OD!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment