Saturday, July 13, 2019

COOL SH@T FROM SUMMER NAMM 2019 ...Jimi Hendrix's first guitar!!! re-issue!

SUPRO OZARK
No my my curious players it is NOT a Strat.
Hendrix like all of us started on something he could afford.
The re-issue has a Lace Aluma 90 PU as the original DeArmond is no more etc.
A good choice as Lace will give you that classic 50's sound without noise or signal loss that everyone else's noiseless single coils do. In other words it is NOT a stacked humbucker.

Having said that it has the right scale and wood to drop in a PAF and instantly give you a very close to a Gibson SG sound. Guaranteed!!!

The mahogany body is exact to the original. The neck is a glued in maple with the now typical export friendly It has a Gibson like 24 3/4"scale length.
Things that matter to play music today have been updated. Cudos as the fit and shape of the original neck are quite frankly crap!!! Even scary!


$900.00 USD




CONCLUSION
I would love one but can not justify a 13th guitar as the guitars I have are all keepers. I sold off a few that were not. The PU it comes with it is what it is and is damn good. BUT ...my guitars have be able to
kill when distorted so I would put a Duncan Pearly Gates PAF in it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment