Monday, July 1, 2019

OVERDRIVE- D-SOUND Fisherman Distortion ...a Plexi with a chunky glassy sound



$120.00 USD
 D SOUND FISHERMAN HIGH GAIN DISTORTION

New to us but D-Sound are from St. Petersburg Russia and have been around since 2011.
They call this a Brit-Style high gain distortion. It has your standard volume, presence, gain, treble and bass and even a pot to tighten up your lows. 
I find it is more like a medium gain pedal but with a bit more gain. You can open the box and get at a trim pot and punch up the gain. It is definitely is very Plexi like in many ways. My tech friends tell me it appears to have a bit of BE-OD in it. LOL
It does not sound like ant Friedman. Hats off too them it
has it's own thing going for it.
The overall tone is very chunky and airy. 
It not an aggressive balzy tone.

Your guitar just floats on a sound like this.
I see it as a great pedal for backing vocals.
It will give an orchestra like quality. I think it could work well as alternative to a low gain pedal for players looking for a lighter sound but want a bit more substance.



CONCLUSION
It has a very pleasing and unique tone and is a steal for a handmade pedal.
I am at the stage where my 68 pedals cover my needs and even give me choices 
so I will pass  ...for now. BUT ...I am tempted!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the BE-OD it's based upon? If so, how similar is it to the Fisherman?

    ReplyDelete