Friday, February 9, 2018

OVERDRIVE-PEDALPALFX PAL 959 Plexi Emulator... sounds like the actual amp!!! SERIOUSLY!

 PEDALPALFX PAL959 PLEXI EMULATOR 

$149.00 USD
Just like the PAL 800 a pedal designed by virtually taking the schematic and replacing the tubes in it with transistors. Well almost. LOL
The bottom line is this guy Luis pulls it off. First on the JTM 800 and now on a Plexi!!!

Do not expect screaming leads and long sustain. The early Marshall's never had that.
We all got that idea from old recordings where in every case the amp had a Fuzz or later a Boss DS-1 pushing the amp.

I have the PAL 800 and I will say it again. Ever time I put it on I smile. It really truly sounds like an honest to goodness real amp. So real that I feel if I looked over my shoulder I would see a stack not my humble 1x12 cab with an open back. LOL

I expect this will be like the '800' absolutely stellar on pulling of riffs, hooks and bridges with a detail in the sound that deifies the fact it is a pedal and not an amp!!!
It is handmade and every transistor and for that mater the voicing has an endless amount of nano adjustment that has to be tuned by ear meticulously to zero in the exact voice/sound before shipped to your eager hands.

So I ordered the pedal and it arrived about 10 minites ago. Using the Pal 800 as a template I had the velcro pre cut and the pedal on my board in a minute!!!
So how is it??? 
Well I put a few knobs in positions that I guessed they should be in and played it for 5 minutes.
.
I WAS TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED. 
WHY???? 
BECAUSE DIDN'T ORDER TWO!!!!

THIS PEDAL JUST BLEW MY MIND!!!! 

IN THAT SHORT OF TIME I NEW IF FOR ANY REASON I DID NOT HAVE IT I WOULD WANT TO HAVE IT REPLACED AT LEAST 5 MINUTES BEFORE I NEEDED IT REPLACED!!!

OK FIRST ...THEY HAVE CAUGHT THE SOUND DEAD RIGHT !!!!
THE REAL KILLER IS WHEN YOU PLAY A REAL PLEXI AND YOU HAMMER ON A NOTE IT SWELLS!!! ...NAILED!!!
IF I HAD TO GET BY WITH ONLY ONE PEDAL?  Yes it is unthinkable ...BUT!


IF I WERE YOU I WOULD NOT WAIT UNTIL A FEW REVIEWS GET THE WORD OUT!!!
 ...and as usual with Pedal Pal FX the price makes this a is a total STEAL!!!



THIS IS A KEEPER!!!

JAN.2019 ....NEW VIDEO


1 comment:

  1. As of yesterday I now own all three PedalPalFX products (PAL JCM 800 Emulator/PAL GOLD Overdrive(w/3-voice switch)/PAL 959 Plexi Emulator!!! Seriously Folks, don't even hesitate - just order one to see what I mean. These premium pedals behave and sound like the real thing (I also own four Marshall JCM 800's and have access to the vintage Plexi's of yesteryear, so my results are not online review-based - I can actually compare!!!). Thanks to Luis and his humble company, I can rock out all the vintage tones accurately and at a fraction of the price, and especially without taking my beloved vintage heads on the road!!!! KILLER TONE!!!!! Thanks PedalPalFX!

    ReplyDelete