Tuesday, April 16, 2024

OVERDRIVE- NUX METAL CORE MKII ___NEW___ a $75.00 modeler ???

NUX 
METAL CORE  MKII
$75.00 USD
The Core line have pedals have been around so long that next to zip in the West new they first existed. I found them about 10 years ago when they were labelled with the Donner name. Back then they had a digital delay that sounded better then TC Electronics for half the price. So NUX have been at the head of the curve with digital. It does bring me to my point is that the Metal Core is a digital pedal.  And at its price point it may sound great on a video but it could sound the lo-fi Modeler it is, once you have it on your board. 
The layout is Volume, Gain, Bass ,Mids and Treble. A toggle lets you pick a MESA Dual/Rec, a Friedman BEOD and a Diezel VH4.
CONCLUSION ___ 
It sounds impressive on a quick listen but there  isn't any harmonic detail, the sustain is very short I do not hear any dynamics. Having tried low tech modelling like this before. 
I found I more than did not like it. I hated it. Many of the 
NUX analog pedals are exceptional. Like their whole Reissue Series.
I have several that I can never see parting with. But I wouldn't risk this one. 
  
 

3 comments:

  1. I'd be interested in this list of NUX analog pedals. Personally I fell in love with the Komp Core pedal. But I am not even sure it is analogue ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you compared it with other compressors ?

      Delete
  2. The Komp is an analog pedal but it has just been discontinued along with 11 other Core pedals.

    ReplyDelete