Saturday, November 25, 2023

EQ ENHANCER- GUPtech Quebec ...what's missing is majorly fixed! ...checks every box

$100.00 USD
GUPtech QUEBEC
Virtually all the very best high gain amps these days have both a Presence
but more notable a Depth control. They can take the darkest and even muddy sounds and add a wide breadth to the sound plus sparkle and not just on the highs but on all the harmonics across the entire range. It both tightens and punches up the sound without removing lows. GUPtech have put this in a pedal with a healthy boost to take that fixed sound and push as much up front as needed. I expect this will be an always on pedal in any rig. The layout is very simple with just a toggle and knob for Presence and the same for Depth.
CONCLUSION ____
It seems just too obvious not to have been done before ??? 
I have gone the psycho acoustic and endless EQ pedals route and they helped but this GUP does not sound like an added anything. It just sounds like what every pedal or amp should have built into its original sound. 
What I find is I have a killer sound in the room when I can crank my amp just a bit. I mean even just a bit. It is bit mellow but still huge and powerful. But if I turn  down it sounds good but it sounds like I have a blanket over my speakers. If I tweak the amp or pedals I can fix it enough to live with but I also start thinning the sound. 
On a bad day I want to just scream!!!😡 
The Quebec fixes either your amp or your pedals ...or both!!! 

I just got one!! I tried it every way possible and liked some and others did not do what I wanted. In the end I put it on top of my amp as an always on for my whole board. WTF!!!! it was killer. Even at low volumes I got a nice natural sounding clarity, tightness with at the same time breadth so the sound is very full. The Depth gave my sound the full stack dimed famous Marshall cab Thump. 

I pulled my BBE Sonic Stomp Enhancer. I may use it as a kind of treble boost for cleans. But I will need about a week to see how it goes. 

the fine print
  Jan12/2024
I have used it every day for a month and a half.
I appreciate having it BIG TIME. Before having it 
I was always tweaking my amp because I couldn't 
get a big sound. I kept adding too many mids or bass 
that only made it muddy instead of balsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment