Thursday, June 29, 2023

UNI-VIBE- THORPY ER-2 Univibe ___ NEW ___ reinvented the wheel, as usual

$380.00 USD
THORPY FX ER-2 UNIVIBE
The company is big on surgical gloves and not only removing the warts 
but even a freckle or two on a classic.
Thorpy pedals I admire but I do not want the soul torn out of a pedal.
That said it as always comes with state of the art parts and is built 
like a tank in a custom enclosure. 
 
CONCLUSION___
Hendrix avoided using the heavy modulation that makes most Uni-Vibes sound like they have a motor boat idling behind your sound. It is why I love the MXR Uni-Vibe. I do not want a bass heavy metronome keeping time behind my tunes. The price is obscene. 
the fine print 
I all but gave up on the Univibe until I walked into a store where a guy was nailing Hendrix and was using the Dunolp/MXR Uni-Vibe.  Even with inflation it is just a $150.00 USD.
I went from hating to using my Uni-Vibe a hell of a lot. MXR pedals are often at 
your local bricks and mortar store so try one out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment