Friday, June 30, 2023

_______ THIS LITERALLY CHANGE MY WHOLE LIFE _______

KING CRIMSON 21ST CENTURY SCHIZOID MAN 
1969

This record came out in 1969. Three months before the first Sabbath record. Guitarist Robert Fripp on a single record created the sound of Heavy metal, the speed and harmonic complexity of modern Metal and Prog all at the same time. Think about it!!! He had nothing to copy, no records to buy and learn other peoples riffs or even a Metal tone to borrow.

I wore the record out. I quit playing blues and decided I would never play a cover song or learn some other players riffs again. I kept my word to myself my whole life. I went to work around the clock practicing. The only music I listen to was classical music composers, Stravinsky, Bartok, Debussy and Satie. I also listen to the Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie that evented Be Bop Jazz .Years later I found out they changed Jazz by listen to same classical guys I was listening too.

In 1971 I went to London UK and joined Tallis a new Prog band in London's West End playing the same clubs everyone since the Stones played. Including, Clapton, Hendrix, Brian May, Pete Townsend, etc, etc, etc. It is a long story. I met Fripp twice and he offered to give me lessons. But all that is a very long story.

3 comments:

  1. ... a story worth to be told IMO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, take your Time AND some day put a post with a video telling us the story, a la Rick beato way

    ReplyDelete