Sunday, April 11, 2021

OVERDRIVE- AMT ELECTRONICS S-Drive mini ...a little killer Soldano ...one of my faves!


 AMT ELECTRONICS S-DRIVE MINI 
$65.00
There are 7 mini OD's in this series of amps. I have already did a Post with them all in it last October. The company at the time who are based in Russia were having many problems with C-19 and it brought all businesses to a halt. They were probably having a cash flow problem so they were booting out the mini OD's for $45.00 USD.
There was a phenomenal interest with the recent Post of the deluxe version so I thought I would revisit the mini.
It comes in a really heavy duty custom made steel casing. It has a small bar that protects you from bumping the knobs and accidentally changing your settings. The layout is simple with level, gain and tone and a switch for scooping the mids.
CONCLUSION
First the price is a steal even at $65.00 USD. The sound
really has a Soldano SLO 100 vibe to it. The best thing is 
it has a really balzy punchy sound. It does not sound 
like another Plexi pedal that the marketing team decided to call a Soldano. I have several excellent but expensive OD's As much as I love them this one holds it's own. I love this as much as the others. Even if you already have a great Marshall style OD at this price why not have two killer OD's?
I have had mine 6 months. Enough time for the novelty to where off and I still smile when I click on it's switch!

UPDATE
Nov.27/22 I just got the much hyped Soldano SLO from Soldano 
..it lives up to the hype!!! 
I soon found that when I do vocals the AMT lays right 
in behind it still punching away! So WTF ..they do sound the 
same. So I treat the AMT as my Crunch channel and the big
boy does the leads and riffs.

Note: this is the best of 3 demo video's 
and it still does not do the pedal justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment