Sunday, April 25, 2021

AMPLIFIER- FRIEDMAN BE-OD MINI 30 watt amp .... $330.00 USD ........yes I said $330.00 USD

LEAK
A store accidentally published an add for a new BE Mini Friedman amp. At the price it is almost guaranteed to be made in China.


A DAY LATER
The first video's are out. We new it would be small but perhaps not microscopic. lol It is quite obviously a toy. Do not let the 30 watts fool you. It is not 30 watts RMS into 8 ohms. It is 30 watts into perhaps 4 ohms. Trust me you do not have and will not find a guitar speaker that is 4 ohms outside of the exotic, unusual and eye poppingly expensive. It will sound more or less like what you would expect from a 5 watt tube amp. Keep in mind it does not clean up if you turn down and it does not have a clean channel. It is not a grab and go to the jam amp. In fact it a totally 100% bedroom level amp.

 
CONCLUSION
If you do not own a speaker cab why by it? If you do you probably have an amp too
so once again why buy it ...just get the pedal. It is not even a really usable practice amp ...it does not have a clean channel nor can you back off the gain enough to use it clean. 
If it was a little combo it could be fun to be able to tote it around and amuse yourself. As is WTF!!!
You would be far better off buying a Fender Champion 20 and the Friedman BE-OD pedal. It cost the SAME as just buying the Friedman amp head.
You can hall the Fender around and still have the pedal to use with separately. A quality pedal is good for decades and a small practice amp is always handy. 
Fender does not make unusable amps. They will get the job done just fine.
If you tire of either ...both are easy to find a buyer.


3 comments:

  1. Doesn't matter at all to me where it is manufactured. Big but. As long as its good :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't matter to me either but I would get a hundred letters asking me if it from the Californian shop if I did not make it clear. I have talked to Dave on 3 occasions and he has done me several favors. A really great guy but I am surprised with this amp. But know he has done this I can see him maybe doing an under $1000 guitar in Korea or Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tone King was running this amp into a Vintage 30 speaker so I'm assuming that's either an 8 or 16 ohm speaker.

    ReplyDelete