Tuesday, April 20, 2021

FUZZ- PHILLY FUZZ Heretic... it goes from a kind of Green Russian to Sludge

PHILLY FUZZ HERITIC
$200.00 USD
I can not find any background on the company? But!
Following the breadcrumbs led me to John Dyer Baizley of the Sledge, Alternative and Prog Rock band Baroness.
The Fuzz is a germanium Fuzz. According to John every knob does it's thing and there are good sounds from low right up to being dimed. Every pedal is numbered and comes in a hand done and different finish.
CONCLUSION
It does exactly as it claims. You can go to a light nearly pleasant sound to flat pick to a Rat like hard clipping OD kind of sound to a full on Sludge Metal syrup. It has a monopoly on that. I would need 3 pedals to do that. Mind you. I prefer using 3 pedals that do their one thing better. If however your music is primarily into a Sludge, Doom etc. then Hell this could be perfect.

ALTERNATIVELY
On the other hand if you are looking for a that super heavy Fuzz which this this is mostly about than I would wait to see how the Chicago Stompworks Fat Bald Guy works out once I get it and do my 'Hands On.'
At the moment my money is on it. It is half the money and half the size. Add to that it is OpAmp based and will not have the problems associated with germanium transistors. 



1 comment:

  1. The builder is Philly Fuzz and the pedal is the "Heretic." Find them on Instagram @ https://www.instagram.com/phillyfuzz/

    ReplyDelete