Saturday, April 24, 2021

OVERDRIVE- TORTUGA EFFECTS Death Adder Metal-Stortion ...10th anniversary celebration

 TORTUGA EFFECTS DEATH ADDER METAL-STORTION 

$200.00 USD
The company or to be precise Matt Johnson is celebrating 10 years by introducing new pedals and a V.2 of others.
Mind you I just got a heads up that they have been 'new' for 3 years. Regardless I am sure to do a revisit and check out the others I have not reviewed. 
The short story is the Death Adder caught my attention.
Not this one. lol They make two. The Shred-Stortion is the V.2 'new' one but I did the first one in an old Post and there aren't any new vids for the V.2 yet. 
But, Big BUT! The Metal-Stortion though not featured grabbed my attention. It is a classic Trash Metal, Death Metal pedal with controls for volume, high, and lows, and a much needed scoop which also oddly enough will boost the mids when pushed past 12 o'clock and an attack/high pass filter to tighten the sound for those fast moving rhythms and is heaven for drop tunings. 
There are definitely shades of the MESA Dual Rectifier in the sound. MESA just released a new Rectifier model the 50 watt Badlander which sold out instantly so young guys looking for a new sound have taken things full circle.
CONCLUSION
It is impressively chunky and thick and is free of any nasty fizz, fuzz or buzz. 
I love its low grainy distortion.
It ticks the 'tight box' while still staying really heavy in the 'fat box' 
That box has stayed blank with my other Metal pedal choices. 
It is not the latest hot new pedal but has been around for 8 years. 
These days that means a lot of word of mouth sales.  
A very good sign that the thing actually delivers!

I sold a pedal on Reverb and found this one used
for $119.00 USD Soooo...I will give you heads up
when it arrives for a  HANDS ON! 

3 comments:

  1. Their 10th Anniversary was in 2018, three years ago! Nothing new from them since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for the heads up.
    I went to the site and it is set up as if the anniversary is still on in 2021 with banners of 10th Anniversary and Limited Edition. A 3 year Ltd. Ed. is not very limited or indeed new but I am only the messenger. LOL
    A lot of companies are also doing re-releases of their old pedals but are presenting them as new but most of those I have caught. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, i'm a looking for a great distortion pedal for metalcore, death, progressive and djent, i found this pedal in a online shop in my country. I don't found very info about tortuga effects. The sound of the death adder is like a dual rectifier? or is like a other distortion type? tortuga effects is a superb pedal brand? thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete