Monday, April 5, 2021

OVERDRIVE- MASTER EFFECTS X88R ...Soldano SLO100-in-a-BOX ...Scary close?

MASTER EFFECTS X88R

$200.00 USD
Tim Gorjanc is Master Effects he claims to do this as a hobby but his shop has all 
equipment other shops can only dream of. In short everything is done with high end pro shop equipment like Keeley and MXR use. Yes the pedals are all handmade but you do not get amateur finishes.
There appears to be a dozen pedals to choose from and he does all master of custom work.
I will be certainly reviewing more of Tim's pedals. My first impression is there is a goldmine of interesting and unusual pedals. There are many preamp type pedals that cover a lot amps from the past that 'no one' offers anywhere.
Yes when I say unusual I am talking about things like the pre's not weird bizarre things that unusable toys to a serious player.
The X88R is a Soldano SLO100 lead channel pre.
The layout is simple with a 3 way EQ. Gain and Level.

CONCLUSION
Like any pedal that simulates an actual amp in this case a $4300 amp there is a degree accuracy that can be reached. PedalPalFX are the masters of that and I have 3 of their excellent Marshalls. I have as many or more LPD Pedals which are more like the sound of these same amps in the way we here them post produced on a recording. I love both. One of my fave produced sounding pedals is the AMT S-drive Soldano pedals. Check out the AMT flagship version too the Legend amps S2. They are all quite different.
X88R 
I find the ME pedal to have better clarity and detail. The AMT has undeniable more balz. I took a fair bit of time comparing the ME to the real amp. The real amp  definitely has bit more low end but is otherwise scary close.
If nothing else if you are a Marshall guy having the next generation of amp sound
as an alternative choice fills in a nice balance between vintage and modern sounds.
It pushes you into new and creative playing and keeps your sound fresh for your audience.

Regular readers know I use all 82 pedals live. I am certainly in a ...
'if something comes then something goes mode.'
The thing is ...what goes?  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment