Saturday, September 22, 2018

REVERB- WALRUS AUDIO Fathom Multi Function R.... damned practical ...unlike a lot of reverbs it works on tunes you already play right out of the box!!!!


$200.00 USD
 WALRUS AUDIO FATHOM MULTI FUNCTION REVERB 

It has just 4 algorithms but what you get is a very high quality pedal.
BEST OF ALL they all can work on tunes you are already playing.
There has been a trend to make effects in the last couple of years that
are a total experience on just playing one note. BUT... totally useless
 to play a tune on.
Yes great for the very creative artist who write their own
tunes and does an ambiance thing with some depth.
BUT I believe they are all aimed at the hobbyist with limited traditional
 skills to have fun with. In short no one is going to EVER make a living
with this music. Trust me I ONLY play original music. I know the
limits. I am not some old fart doing bad covers!




BOTTOM LINE
At $145.00 USD the E-H OCEANS 11 with 11 Algorithms
is bit of a problem for all the makers out there.
The quality is not the issue.... it gets down to just listening and choosing????

I for one am looking to have a reverb for each of my 4 dirt pedal channels
I have 2 reverbs already so 2 more would do it. lol
I think I should wait for the January NAMM. Some makers will have new product
and others will be scrambling to either make one, lower their price or the
favourite ...repackage and rename products they have and pass them off as new.


No comments:

Post a Comment