Monday, September 24, 2018

OVERDRIVE- ONE CONTROL Jubilee Red A.I.A.B. ...a Marshall Silver Jubilee in a box...

$145.00 USD
 ONE CONTROL JUBILEE RED A.I.A.B .

Designer Bjorn Juhl's gives us another another choice for a Marshall Silver Jubilee in a box. Bjorn has designed pedals for Bearfoot FX and Mad Professor so he has nailed a few OD's I love the Bearfoot Model G which is a take off of a small 50's Gibson amp.

$190.00 USD

Alexander Pedal has the Jubilee Silver. This has been available for a few years now ...it is a very good sounding OD. It is very tight and dead easy to control. I often recommend it as a first OD to someone buying their first as it does not need a lot of control dampening any open strings when using it. The Alexander is also very raw and nasty. In the nicest way ...of course. lol





The 'Red'does not have that tight sound it is more open and a lot less in your face. Having heard the real amp I think the Alexander pedal sounds more like it. On the other hand the 'Red' is a great sounding Brit pedal regardless. The 'Red' is very warm fat creamy and rich.



     Check them both out and see what I mean.

CONCLUSION
Well they are quite simply different pedals ...both sound very good.
I would give them both a pass for the Dawner Prince Red Rox Distortion. More versatile, fatter and a lot more balz!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment