Sunday, September 2, 2018

OVERDRIVE- TRITONLAB Labyrinth OD/Dist ...WHOA!!! amazing tone!!!!

 TRITONLAB LABYRINTH OD/DIST.

$185.00 USD
Tritonlab are based in Estonia and sells direct.
It would appear that Alex, a pro engineer does the pedal thing more as a hobby then a biz.
It certainly explains his lack of any serious marketing. Including any others retailing his product.
Good for him. It's all about passion then.
I was knocked on my butt when I first heard it.
The sound ...and the price!!!


The Labyrinth is a dual channel OD/Distortion Marshall tone stack. Yes a Plexi.
One of the fullest you will ever hear !!

It runs on high voltage ...using an internal  step up converter.
It uses only JFET transistors for the most accurate tube distortion.
It is switchable from crunch to shred.
The Sound is overly rich incredibly dense.
The Caravan served as v.1 and was sent to the reviewers.
Out of the Cavern sprung the Labyrinth!
The now finished product is even more flexible
with both pre and post gain in channel Ch. 1
and a second gain in Ch.2 and a full 3 way EQ
over all.

SO I BOUGHT ONE!

It really is the old Caravan but with more features.
I think I was expecting a little more growl on the low end.
I find the second channel disappointing with just the single gain and a shared EQ. The old Caravan did not bother with it and it was just fine. I do however appreciate the stepped up voltage
...it was a very good idea.

But to be honest channel one is superb. There is endless room to tweak it and nail down exactly the sound you want with zero compromise. Unless you too were looking for a bit of low end thump.
Nine of my pedals have a better low end and I am using 21.
If like me you buy an Amptweaker Depth Finder the issue becomes a non-starter because it adds more
thump and balz in the lows than most people can use. lol
Then there is the quality build and very reasonable price.
The purity and detail in the sound is absolute KILLER!!!

CONCLUSION
In spite of a few minor quibbles this is a great pedal.

SOUND WISE THERE MAY BE A FEW OD'S AS GOOD 
....BUT NONE BETTER ...PERIOD!!!!
....THIS IS A CONTENDER FOR BEST OD ON THE PLANET 
...which makes it better then the over 300 I have reviewed.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Yes ...I  can recommend this to anyone as it is versatile enough to nail any variation on a Brit drive you can think of and the actual tone is faultless. Finally it blows away dozens of pedals costing substantially more!



1 comment:

  1. Alex told me it was a Mustang and Lazy Cat overdrive in one pedal.

    ReplyDelete