Monday, September 28, 2026

MADE IN CHINA __

 MADE IN CHINA    

4 comments:

  1. Somebody been reading your blog, Paul? This is a trumpet you've been blowing for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day to all, I agree with the comment posted above. Bravo! Especially to Paul who has been advocating for “sanity for stomp boxes” for many years. Thanks to him, I have filled many boxes, drawers, shelves and yes even a few pedalboards with inexpensive MIC pedals. I read each and every pedal review he posts but rarely pull the trigger on anything . . . U N L E S S . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing you do not buy every pedal I review or you would own over 4,500 pedals, OUCH!!! lol.
    The analog pedal is not going away. Hundreds of small older brands simply keep making a few of their best from years ago. Then just by one guy letting a friend play that builders pedals that friend buys his own. In short that means we are not losing brands just some brands stick to things they nailed and sales are made by word of mouth. Secondly there are new young guys starting up all the time . At minimum about 35 or 40 new small brands a year and they are not religiously doing clones nor are they making weird shoegaze things but making pedals with better dynamics and more harmonically rich sounds.
    Yesterday for example I had 700 guys drop by to check out pedals. Even with higher prices as much as 30% a guy can save up for a pedal. A guitar, an amp etc. with a 30% increase is a whole different story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, funnily enough... about ten years ago I realised that if I stopped buying pedals for awhile I could probably buy an amp I really wanted to have instead of "making do" with the Bogner I sort of liked but did not love. So I did, and the amp I bought has been THE amp for me. Meanwhile, I've bought and sold pedals in the intervening years but nowhere near the "churn" that I'd been doing previously.

    ReplyDelete