Tuesday, September 29, 2026

OVERDRIVE- THIMBLE WASP FX Black & Blue ___NEW ___ a high gain original ???

THIMBLE WASP EFFECTS
 Black & Blue      
$200.00 USD
Not a lot of info about this Columbus Ohio brand or this product. 
This appears to be their only Overdrive pedal? 
It is a high gain unit. Likely a OpAmp with clipping diodes circuit 
in the vein of a BOSS DS-1?
The layout is Bass, Mids, Treble, Gain and Volume. It has both a boost and footswitch to trigger it on. There is a toggle on the 
side without any info why? My best guess that it flushes 
the toilet on the top floor.
CONCLUSION __
I will assume their claim it is their original take on something 
to fit the genre. That said it sounds at minimum similar to 
a lot of what's out there. I feel there are a lot of high gain OD's/Distortion boxes & even some Fuzz pedals that could 
take it on and at worse be a tie for around $50.00 USD.
The knobs lighting up is needless expense, WTF. 
That said I like it. It has personality.
The company is new and I had a quick listen to their 
other pedals that are indeed worth a deep dive & a Post.

1 comment: