Tuesday, January 16, 2024

AMP- GIBSON FALCON 5 & FALCON 20___ NEW___ Yes!!! Gibson amps are back!!!

GIBSON  
FALCON

Falcon 20 _ $1800.00 USD
Falcon 5 _ $1500.00 USD



I am 77 so I was around when you could buy the original amps. 
Do these sound the same. NO!!!
They have a vey full mid sound and a raspy voice but the originals 
did not have any serious highs. I hated the originals. They were muddy. 
I felt Gibson were out of touch. 
I felt they were aiming at amps for Jazz players with big body Jazz guitars.
These actually are better.

CONCLUSION __ They will sell well even if you never see one. Guys that are hobbiest 
especially older retired guys will buy one. They will put it right in their living room without 
hassle from the lady of the house because they will look great beside the antique furniture, lol. 
 
the fine print
I got what I expected. A gourmet version of a Gibson amp.
It is what Mesa are all about. They started by making gourmet 
versions of Fender amps. Yes Randal Smith is semi retired.
He did however design these amps.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure why Gibson calls the bigger amp a Falcon 20 when the max output is only 12 watts with the supplied tubes and max 15 watts if 6L6's are installed instead of the stock tubes. I'm retired and this one won't be in my collection. Nice looking amps though. Al

    ReplyDelete