Friday, July 7, 2023

MODELER- HOTONE Ampero MIni ___NEW ___ serious choice!!! a lot for your $230


HOTONE AMPERO MINI  
$230.00 USD
Yes yet another modeler. I will not go into any detail but just tell you a story. Every time I ended up buying pedals that even if the whole world said god almighty made them and every cork sniffer ever born loved it ...but I hated I would ask Dave Friedman what 
to get. Yes I mean that Dave. He usually gave me one or maybe two choices. 
Every recommendation was dead on. All get an 11 out of 10 or better.
He has the standard Ampero II that he says sounds great and you 
can tear up the manual, LOL. I expect the Mini sounds the same but with less choices and features.  
To be fair all the smaller units have a limit to what they can hold in a single patch. In short if you string a long line of FX into an amp sound with reverb and delay it may tell you it can not hold all that at once. If you had separate pedals you would not turn on that many anyway for 99% of any conventional tune. But ... it is worth noting.
 
CONCLUSION__
It checks all the boxes. The point is with 52 amp & cabs the odds are you would only use 3 to 5 once the novelty wore off. You have that. You can also add your pedals. So effects in this are subjective but are all adequate and with 199, WTF. The company started out years ago as a pedal company first but were one of the very first to offer digital including one of the first digital ir boxes.
The company has an excellent rep with value for money products. You get a Pro sound usable to record with in any situation. The main thing is it does not get any cheaper for usable Pro sounds at the price of the average brand name new pedal.

___ you can chose from 6 colors ___

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, I love your blog! Just wondering. What other pedals does Dave Friedman like? I'm really interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best, Morgan Peline

    ReplyDelete
  3. He recommended the MXR Phase 95 mini, the MXR Uni-Vibe, the Dunlop Echo Plex the Digi-Tech Polara, the Eventide H90 Harmonizer, the Boss DD-500 Delay and the Amplitude X-Time. He also uses the Boss DD2 Delay they still go for about $230.00 USD used. It is the first Boss Digital Delay. He just recently mentioned Ampero but he has Hotone Ampero II. I have all the MXR and the Dunlop and the Logitech I just mentioned. If I got a Digital delay I would get the Boss. At the moment I am happy with the EchoPlex and the Boss Space Echo RE-2 and my analog delays.

    ReplyDelete