Wednesday, April 19, 2023

OVERDRIVE - SUA DEVICES Aker distortion ____ NEW ____ Marshall Drivemaster clone

$200.00 USD
SUA DEVICES| AKER DISTORTION
A new kid is on the block. Andoni Conde from the Basque Country Spain.
This pedal is a take on a Marshall Drivemaster pedal which is a take on a Jose modded JCM 800.
The layout is a simple volume and gain with fixed voice and a toggle for gate that also tightens the lows and adds a it of bite to the highs.
CONCLUSION
It is in the ballpark but the Marshall original has a bit of Plexi sound coming thru where this is pushed more into 90's Metal.
Not Metal enough for me and not Plexi enough for my Plexi taste. Even at $50.00 more for the Marshall I would rather have that. 
If I were to buy a new vintage Marshall pedal I think the Gov'nor that is a Plexi is voiced better than either of the aforementioned pedals



No comments:

Post a Comment