Saturday, April 8, 2023

Flanger/Chorus- EARTH QUAKER DEVICES Aurelius___ NEW ___ innovated features that are easily applicable

$200.00 USD
EARTH QUAKER DEVICES AURLIUS
Founder Jamie Stillman has always been the guy behind the very, very best pedals that EQD has made. He put the company on the map yet in the early days he all but bankrupted them by making pedals that were only applicable to Shoegaze and Star Wars soundtracks. He still makes some stinkers but wen he gets it right the pedals are scary good.
I predict this one is a total winner. Every sound is grounded in a usable traditional sound that can indeed be pushed in totally out there things but can be easily taken to the edge without going over it.
The layout gives you Width of modulation, Speed of it, and Balance between the wet and dry. You get 3, voiced waveform modes. Add to that you get 6 places to store your sounds and access two from your footswitch on any tune. 
___
CONCLUSION
The voices follow the music not forcing the player to follow the pedal. Other similar units have the tail wagging the dog. It is damn impressive to that it is easily $50 cheaper than what these days you pay for pedals in this league. This has been a policy of EQD since it's beginning to not to be cheap, or pricy but 
to give you value for money. 

2 comments:

  1. Which do you prefer yourself - the Wampler Phenom or the Soldano SLO pedal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already owned the Soldano SLO and I have the AMT P-Drive mini before the Wampler came out. The Soldano SLO is a must have for me as it inspired me to write tunes that the sound of the Sodano is part of the tunes. The $65.00 USD AMT P-Drive mini is an excellent 5150 pedal and the tunes I use it on do not need more or different. If I had neither I know for sure I would buy the Wampler. Not so long ago I would have bought it regardless. I am budget restricted. In 2019 I made 3 times as much by designing and importuning product I had made in Asia but delivery was slow and sporadic and I lost my backers. I think it would be unusual unless you are a guy wants the simplicity of a small board that if you bought the Wampler it would be on your board forever. You could easily add other amp-in-box type pedals but having a great 5150 sound is always good.

    ReplyDelete